Sunday, March 20, 2011

First impressions

So apparently first impressions mean a lot.  However, I can honestly say that most of the time I cannot remember the first time I met someone (except my husband...).  Most people reading this blog probably know me, but in case you don't, here's some background on me:


  • I'm 29 years old and live in North Carolina
  • I have 5 siblings (3 brothers, 2 sisters)
  • I have 8 nephews and 4 nieces
  • I grew up in Orange County, NY
  • My favorite color is yellow
  • My favorite food (above ALL ELSE) is watermelon
  • I have a 10 month old kitten named Ollie
  • I married my husband, Tom, on June 14, 2003 in Saranac Lake, NY
  • I love sleeping.  A lot.  More than any normal person should.
  • I work at a preschool and I LOVE my job
  • Here's the biggie - what the majority of this blog will be about - I have had 4 pregnancy losses.  
That's right, 4.  Two VERY early on (8 weeks or earlier) and two second trimester losses - one at 16 weeks and one at 19 weeks (which I consider to be a stillbirth, as I actually delivered our precious Joshua in February 2009).  In-depth stories to come...but for now, I must do one of the things I love most...sleep.  Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    While it will be hard to write about your losses, it will help you emotionally. At least it did with me. Wishing you the strength to write it out.

    http://mybrokenoven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your font and background! One day I hope to have a blog again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through your comment on TR's blog. I am so very sorry for your losses. I've found that blogging through the process of grieving and trying again is very helpful (although it can also be hard as TR said).

    I hope you find some comfort and community here.

    http://invisiblemother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there... I just found your blog. I can only say what we all say: I am so sorry for your losses. I hate it that we are forming a community this way, but community is one thing in life I truly believe in, for all the reasons it is good. Wishing, hoping, and thinking of you as your story unfolds...

    ReplyDelete